How To Delete Your Nuwber Phone Number
October 13, 2020
Return to Learning Center
Nuwber is a popular people search engine and background check service that collects and posts all kinds of personal information online and publishes it for the general public. While these types of data brokerages can provide a signficant benefit in certain circumstances (have you ever Googled your Bumble Date and been surprised before?) they also can harm you when stalkers, identity thieves, advertisers, and other nefarious critters can use them to find horrifying private personal information about you that can harm you. As these services are generally legal despite many lawsuits against these kinds of publishers, it is up to you to protect your privacy from prying eyes if this is something you're concerned about.
Here's how you can delete your Nuwber listing for free. If you wish to opt-out from Nuwber.com just follow these steps.
1. Locate your listing on nuwber.com's website and copy the address from your web browser's browser bar.
2. Go to their opt-out form at nuwber.com/removal/link and paste your address there, additionally enter your email address in the form and complete any CAPTCHAs present.
3. At the email you receive, click the link that is sent to you to verify this data removal. Read it carefully and follow any additional steps.
4. You will be redirected to a confirmation page where you can finalize it.
5. Within 48-72 hours, you should receive an additional confirmation email. Verify that your phone number has been deleted.
6. Start over and do the search again and verify that your data is now gone. If you find any duplicate bits of information about you on their site, do the process again if needed.
7. Periodically monitor Nuwber.com to make sure your data isn't somehow crawled again or published in some public records that they snap up somewhere and put on the site again.
Managing your personal internet appearances and reputation like this is a time-consuming, but valuable task that can help you get better jobs, avoid identity theft, and reduce your Internet footprint, and your real world risk level. You can always do this yourself of course, but if you don't want to spend the time needed to navigate Nuwber.com and the many other data brokers' confusing forms, monitor them for compliance, and continuously do searches to ensure that your data is off of these sites, you can instead use a reputable privacy service to ensure that your phone number is removed from the Internet permanently. It is always your choice whether or not to do this, but taking care of your Internet safety can help you out immensely in the long run.
We hope you enjoyed reading this guide and learned something new! Check out our Learning Center to learn more about online privacy and security or consider subscribing to our Online Privacy Service to remove your phone number, name, and address from Google, Bing, Yahoo, and DuckDuckGo search results and hundreds of data broker sites.