Updated February 5, 2021
QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
- 1. Information Collection
- 2. Information Use
- 3. Information Sharing
- 4. Information Security
- 5. International Orders and Users
- 6. Third-Party Content, Links, and Plug-ins; Public Areas
- 7. Children's Privacy
- 8. Your Choices
- 9. Your California Privacy Rights
- 10. Warrant Canary
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
There are several ways we may obtain information about you, including through (A) information you provide to us directly; (B) information that we automatically collect; and (C) information we receive or collect from third parties. This includes data that identifies you personally whether directly (i.e. your name, phone number, address, etc) or indirectly (i.e. information about your online use).
Information You Provide
RemoveMyPhone collects personal information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use our Services, register for an online account, make a purchase, request information from us, sign up for our newsletters or email lists, use our service, participate in a survey or promotion, or otherwise contact us. The personal information we collect may include:
- Full Name
- Mailing or Shipping Address
- Phone Number
- E-Mail Address
- Birth Date and/or Year of Birth
- Credit or Debit Card Information
- Government State-Issued ID or Driver's License
- Geographic location
- Photos and videos; or
- Other information that you may choose to provide during the registration or purchasing process.
Information Automatically Collected
Please note that we automatically collect the following information from or about you:
- Computer or Device: We may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier or information from the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the Site or App, including the browser or operating system you use on your mobile device or computer Internet connection speed and duration, device type, geographic data, browser type, operating system, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services. We also may collect information about your use of the Site or App, including the date and time you visit the Site or App, the areas or pages of the Site or App that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site or App, the number of times you return to the Site or App, other click-stream or site usage data, and emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Site or App.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may use third party service providers to support our Site or Apps. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
Please visit the "Your Choices" section for further information, including about Do Not Track and how to disable cookies.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from third party sources, including social networks that you use to connect with RemoveMyPhone and our social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter). This information may include your name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity. We may combine this information with the information we collect from and about you to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our Services.
Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us online with information we automatically collect when you visit our Site or App, as well as information collected across other computers or devices that you may use and from third parties or other online and offline sources.
2. INFORMATION USE
RemoveMyPhone may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To validate, confirm, verify, fulfill, deliver, and track your order (including to process payment card transactions, arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds, and contact you about your order or delivery of your order, including via telephone or e-mail);
- To enhance your online shopping experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Site or App or to retrieve your shopping cart during a future visit;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site, App, and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- To provide you with customized Site or App content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site or App, via email, or across other websites, devices, mobile applications, social media or other online services;
- To contact you with information, newsletters, marketing, promotional materials, or discounts from RemoveMyPhone;
- To respond to your inquiries, and contact and communicate with you when necessary;
- To develop new products or services and to conduct analysis to enhance current products and services;
- To review the usage and operations of our Site or App, and improve our content, products, and services;
- To address any problems with the Site, App or our business; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of data collection
Information about your use of the Services may be aggregated or de-identified for business and marketing uses by us. This aggregate or de-identified data may be used, for example, to improve the Service, measure and analyze Service use, improve our other products and services, and to provide more relevant advertising.
Additionally, if you use the Site to connect with third party services you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third party services based on your requests.
3. INFORMATION SHARING
At RemoveMyPhone, we are committed to protecting our relationship with our customers, and we do not sell or rent any of your personal information to any third party. We may share the personal information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- To our third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us, including, but not limited to, fulfilling or shipping your order, completing your transaction, or those that assist us in providing our Services.
- To respond to judicial or legal process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
4. INFORMATION SECURITY
We have taken certain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical steps designed to protect the information we collect from and about our customers and Site and App visitors. For instance, when you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information) on our forms, the transmission of that information is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
5. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS AND USERS
6. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, LINKS, AND PLUG-INS; PUBLIC AREAS
The Site and App may have links to other third-party websites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites.
7. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
RemoveMyPhone is very concerned about the safety of children using the Internet. We do not direct the Site or App to, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from, any visitor under the age of 18.
If we discover that a visitor under the age of 18 has registered without parental consent, we will remove their registration information from our files.
8. YOUR CHOICES
Cookies and Tracking Options
Certain parts of our Site and App require cookies. You are free to set your device or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site or through the App or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your device's settings or your Internet browser's "Help" section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your device or browser from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
Other Choices Concerning the Use and Disclosure of Your Information
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns you may:
- Contact us in one of the following ways:
- Opt out of Email Marketing
- In addition to contacting us as discussed above, at all times, you have the option of "opting out" of receiving future e-mail marketing messages from RemoveMyPhone by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of an e-mail marketing message. Please allow 10 business days for your request to take effect. Please note that you will continue to receive e-mail communications related to order placement, processing, fulfillment, delivery and loyalty rewards earned from purchases.
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California has passed a law called the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). If the CCPA is applicable to you, you have the right to the following:
- know the categories of personal information collected about you in the prior 12 months and its sources and business purpose;
- know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed, and to whom, in the prior 12 months;
- if your personal information is sold, to opt out of the sale of your personal information;
- access and then delete your personal information (subject to exceptions); and
- equal service and price if you exercise your privacy rights.
"Personal Information" is defined to include information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular consumer or household. This includes (among other types of personal information) IP addresses, geolocation data, biometric information, and "unique identifiers" such as device and cookie IDs, Internet activity information like browsing history, commercial information such as products or services purchased or consuming histories or tendencies, and characteristics concerning an individual's race, color, sex, medical conditions, age, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, political affiliation, national origin, disability or citizenship status. Inferences drawn from personal information "to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes" are also considered "personal information."
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
10. WARRANT CANARY
An essential part of earning and maintaining the trust of our customers is being transparent about the requests we receive from law enforcement and other governmental entities. To this end, RemoveMyPhone maintains this Warrant Canary to inform our customers of any requests we may have been forced to comply with. The below statements are all true and valid as of the date of this document.
Some things we have never done:
- RemoveMyPhone has never turned over our encryption or authentication keys or our customers' encryption or authentication keys to anyone.
- RemoveMyPhone has never installed any law enforcement software or equipment anywhere on our network.
- RemoveMyPhone has never provided any law enforcement organization a feed of our customers' content transiting our network.
- RemoveMyPhone has never modified customer content at the request of law enforcement or another third party.
- RemoveMyPhone has never weakened, compromised, or subverted any of its encryption at the request of law enforcement or another third party.
If RemoveMyPhone were asked to do any of the above, we would exhaust all legal remedies, in order to protect our customers from what we believe are illegal or unconstitutional requests.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.